OpenAM provides a QR Code service chain that can be used as an identity provider for other applications. Here are the steps to configure OpenAM QR Code service chain as an identity provider.
1. Log in to OpenAM as an administrator and navigate to the "Realms" tab.
2. Create a new realm by clicking on the "Add Realm" button.
3. Navigate to the newly created realm and go to the "Authentication" tab.
4. Click on the "Modules" button and add a new authentication module by clicking on the "Add Module" button.
5. Select "QR Code" from the list of authentication modules and configure it according to your requirements.
6. Save the changes and go back to the "Authentication" tab.
7. Click on the "Chains" button and add a new authentication chain by clicking on the "Add Chain" button.
8. Configure the authentication chain by adding the QR Code authentication module as the first module in the chain.
9. Save the changes and go back to the "Realms" tab.
10. Navigate to the realm that you want to use the QR Code service chain for and go to the "Applications" tab.
11. Click on the "Add Application" button and select the type of application that you want to add.
12. Configure the application according to your requirements and go to the "Authentication" tab.
13. Select the QR Code service chain as the authentication chain for the application.
14. Save the changes and test the application to confirm that the QR Code service chain is working as expected.
These are the general steps for configuring OpenAM QR Code service chain as an identity provider. The exact steps may vary depending on the specific version of OpenAM and the application that you are configuring. It's recommended to refer to the OpenAM documentation for more detailed instructions.
The error "Missing state parameter in response from identity provider" indicates that the state parameter is not being passed back to the relying party from the OpenAM QR Code service chain. This can be caused by a few different factors, but the most common reason is that the relying party has not been configured to use the correct settings for state management. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
1. Check the OpenAM configuration for the QR Code service chain. Ensure that the "Stateless Token" option is enabled in the "Advanced" tab of the "Datastore Settings" section.
2. Verify that the relying party application is configured to use the correct OpenAM endpoint for the QR Code service chain.
3. Check the relying party application configuration to ensure that it is configured to use stateful session management, and that the state parameter is included in the request to the OpenAM QR Code service chain.
4. Check the OpenAM logs for any errors or warnings related to state management. This can help identify any issues with the configuration or setup of the QR Code service chain.
5. If all else fails, try clearing the browser cache and restarting the browser, as this can sometimes resolve issues related to state management.
If you continue to experience issues, it may be helpful to consult the OpenAM documentation or seek assistance from the OpenAM community or support team.